APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN!
J.W. Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is the pinnacle of luxury in the Hostess City. Located within Plant Riverside District, Savannah’s iconic entertainment destination, this property has been totally renovated from the power plant that it once was on the Savannah riverfront, completely rejuvenating this area of vibrant Savannah. Plant Riverside District represents the beauty of progress.
J.W. Marriott Plant Riverside is owned by the Kessler Collection , a visionary hospitality brand and the founding members of Marriott’s Autograph Collection. Everything they do is meant to inspire and spark curiosity by inviting guests to wander—through captivating hotels, inspired dining, art galleries, signature spas, cooking schools and wine blending. Each is artfully unique and delivered with its own Bohemian twist.
Taking part in a J1 Program at J.W. Marriott Plant Riverside offers a work experience unlike any other — where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged.
With 13 dining options, Pastry or Culinary Trainees have the chance to experience producing the very finest and diverse dining experiences from across the entire globe. A mixture of fine dining to on trend bars, they are the place to be seen for city dwellers as well as hotel guests.
Let Yummy Jobs take you on an amazing adventure to Savannah ... #MYYUMMYSTORY
During your Internship you will closely follow a unique training plan, there to ensure you are exposed to all areas of Pastry or Culinary Operations within the hotel. This Program offers 50% Fees sponsorship, which means that selected candidates do not have to pay Program costs upfront. The remaining $2,000 is payroll deducted after arrival and the participant is earning, so it is paid back as a small amount each week. The only costs that are paid prior to arrival are: US Embassy Costs, SEVIS and Travel.
Participants may have the opportunity to train within 3 or 4 of the following outlets:
- Stone & Webster Chophouse: Upscale steak and seafood restaurant with an extensive wine list make this restaurant the destination for a special night out in Savannah.
- Graffito: Authentic Neopolitan style pizzeria with an open kitchen concept, inviting customers to be entertained through service, experience and culture.
- Turbine Market + Cafe: Full service dining for breakfast, and then casual grab and go market items
- Electric Moon Skytop Lounge
- Myrtle & Rose Rooftop Garden: An exclusive rooftop garden featuring crafted, chef-driven small plates and libations.
- Baobab Lounge: An intimate African heritage gathering place where tall tales of adventures are shared among exotic textures.
- District Seafood & Smokehouse; Low country seafood and barbeque in this outdoor pavilion on Savannah’s Riverwalk.
- Riverside Sushi: Experienced sushi artists are here to craft your fresh, high quality sushi rolls, served beside the stunning river views.
- Riverside Biergarten The perfect downtown spot for relaxing with colleagues or catching up with friends, this traditional Biergarten features bratwurst, pretzels and local beer.
- Savannah Tequila Company Serving tequila and tacos…and the best list of premium agave spirits and tequila in Savannah.
The pay rate for this program is $15.50 USD per hour and you will be scheduled to work a minimum of 32 hours per week.
Participants on this program will be required to obtain a J-1 Intern or Trainee visa through Yummy Jobs and will be able to train for a period of time as outlined by the Kessler Collection Upon completion of the program, participants will have up to 30 days to travel within the United States. Participants must then return to their home country upon completion of the program.
CHEF SHAHIN AFSHARIAN
Chef Shahin began cooking as a child with his multi-cultural background and flavors. With over 15 years of luxury experience, numerous internships; multiple accolades and awards; Michelin Star Trained, TV Appearances in Food Network Chopped and a complete fluency in English, Spanish and French.
His culinary career has taken him around the world, from the French and English Embassies in Mexico City to working and under the most awarded Michelin-Starred Chef in the world Joël Robuchon in Monte-Carlo, to opening and developing Vespucci’s Italian Kitchen in Atlanta, GA, to the exquisite flavors of Havana Blue in the St. Thomas, USVI to consulting for Mihoko’s 21 Grams in New York City, to working for the exclusive Ritz-Carlton Hotel and Elway’s Steak Houses in Denver, to eventually partnering to develop a fast casual concept called Salati Italian Street Food in Colorado.
Shahin is now the Executive Sous Chef of JW Marriott Savannah, GA. Here Shahin is in charge of all F&B outlets and overseeing every detail of the operation in this new and exclusive entertainment district called Plant Riverside District. His international and national experience, has given him the foundation to not only manage multi-million dollar, upscale establishments, but to be creative in presentation and originality, think of ways to make chef oriented food accessible, giving his customers, guests and students something that is rare today in the highly competitive hospitality industry – an authentic, genuine and real experience of world flavors and human unity.
Concept Creation / Menu Creation / Recipe Development / Standardization / Portioning / Purchasing Programs / Food Costs / J1 Programs / Full Culinary Training / Interviewing and Hiring / HACCAP & ServSafe implementation / Culture Development / Local Ingredients
Lycée Hôtelier de Monte-Carlo / MA in Hospitality & Management
The Culinary Institute of Mexico / BA Gastronomy
Whilst taking part in this program the participant will be responsible for sourcing their own housing, we can provide resources or where to look. You will be able to stay at the hotel free of charge for the first two weeks after arrival to ensure that you have time to find suitable accommodation.
- Applicants will be required to attend a pre-screen interview via video call with a member of the Yummy Jobs Team in order to be considered.
- If successful, applicants will be required to attend a final interview with Kessler Collection HR Team via video call.
Please note, all dates are subject to change